No, this is not the "Christina" with the revolving skirt.  This pillow
looks nearly identical to a Swedish pillow I own, which is a wonderful
pillow.  The one on ebay is larger than mine, and the extra roller is a
very nice thing to have!  The shipping is quite expensive, as would be
expected.

I've heard various reports about the true "Christina" with the revolving
skirt.  Holly VanSciver tells me that the cost to*her* now is $800, and I
think that shipping has to be added to that!  She is reluctant to stock any
at this price.    OTOH, friends in Europe have been unable to get an answer
from anyone who can tell them whether the pillows are still being made.
Evidently, they were all made by one man, and he finally retired from the
business.  The story goes that long searching, a younger man was found who
was willing to make the pillows again.  But as is often the case, they're
just not the same as the "originals".  But so far, I haven't been able to
track down the "source" of these newer Christinas - if they do exist!!

And on another note, some owners of original "Christina"s have reached the
stage where they are not able to make lace any more, for one reason or
another, and they are finding that there is a market for old Christinas in
good condition...  and at prices that may equal or exceed what was
originally spent for the pillow!!  So if you have one of these pillows and
would like to cash in on your investment, now may be a good time to do it!!

But not you, Barb!!  You've got too much lace to make yet!!  ; )

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19158&item=8188714121