Luda
Thank you so much for telling us about yourself and your lace. It is good to hear from you, and amazing that you have kept quiet for so long on this list! I started writing to the list in 1999 when we got connected to the internet at home. Before that my husband had printed the digest for me to read.

I too started without the proper equipment and learning from a book - but gave up immediately because the results looked so little like lace. Later a friend persuaded me to go to classes with her and I was hooked!

Thank you too for the free pattern - and to Carolina for so kindly hosting it. I copied it and pasted it into a Word document, where I could re-size it to the measurements you give. I am looking forward to working it when I have some free time
Sue (in Chicago)