From: Alice Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: May 16, 2005 1:56 PM
To: Weronika Patena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: lace@arachne.com
Subject: Re: [lace] travel pillow on eBay

At 10:09 AM 5/16/2005, you wrote:
>Here's a funny-looking little travel pillow:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19158&item=8191702313&rd=1
>
>Do you think it would be useful?

I vote for No.  The working area for bobbins in only 10" wide.  It is
awkward to have bobbins hanging off the edge of a working surface, so you
would be limited to six or eight pair that would fit it.  This means an
edging of 1/2 inch or less.

The roller doesn't sit way above the bobbin surface for continental bobbins
to be properly used.  In fact, from the picture it looks like the roller is
the same level or lower than the bobbin surface.

It think this is a novelty -- someone's attempt to make a travel pillow
which is cute but not practical.  I've been through this myself with a
couple pillow designs.

This design with a rotating handle/support is interesting, and the idea
might be developed into a more usable product.  Thanks for mentioning it.
Alice in Oregon