Dear Lacemakers,

When you have worked out all your solutions to possible problems with a
portable table, lamp, power strip, extension cord - set up and test at home.
Make
sure you have a way to carry a portable table to class - engineer straps or
whatever so the legs will stay where you want them when you've over-burdened in
the crowded hotel elevator.

For safety, bring wide tape to secure loose electrical cords.  Use only what
is really needed, whether in classroom or bedroom.  *If a power strip or cord
is already set up - share that instead of insisting on adding another to the
floor.  (It was just a small trip that has incapacitated Lori the Lacefairy.)
We want to hear happy stories from you.

Remember Robin's excellent suggestion for replacing your room's lightbulb(s)
with one(s) that provide more light.  I think we read months ago there is a
mall across from the hotel.  You should be able to get bulbs there, and you
should be able to find friendly Colorado lacemakers who can help with this and
other quick-to-fix logistics.  Vasna?

If you take medications that must be refrigerated, work this out with the
hotel.  This was a problem in New Jersey; the hotel did not have
refrigerators/mini-bars in each guest room.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace & Embroidery Resource Center