Dear Fellow Arachnes,

My husband is attending a conference in Santiago de Compostela, Spain next week and I was wondering if there are any shops that sell lace or lace-related items. Originally I thought I would accompany him but it didn't work out (too much money and other opportunities arose that needed funding). Needless to say when the Galician Catalog was posted I was very disappointed that I wouldn't be going!!!! I think that is one of the reasons I have delayed posting as sometimes it is hard to share our disappointments. But there's next year and I think I am going to try to attend the lace course in Malta. I figure if I start planning and saving now and trying to book my airmiles flight as soon as possible, it might actually happen.

Any advice about Santiago and the nearby area would be appreciated and can be sent off-list.

Thanks,
Cindy - in very sunny Wisconsin