Simon, the book:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19158&item=8202985060&;
rd=1
by Rosemary Parkin in an excellent beginners book.
BTW she is now called Rosemary Shepherd, and some copies of her book are under that name.

If you can buy it - go for it. It is as good a way to start as any. I just wish it had been available when I started lacemaking!

IOLI Bulletin, - I got my copy today, here in Oz!!!  :))
I have only had a very quick glance through it, but all the correct pages are there - with what looks like a Most Interesting article by Devon, that I am anxious to read. It has some beaut lace photos with it.

Regards from Liz in Melbourne