In a message dated 19/07/2005 14:18:54 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> I have even heard of lace guilds selling books

Yes, The Lace Guild is, but when they get 'common' books as part of a
bequest, and have several copies when even one is rarely borrowed anyway,
surely it
is sensible to turn a liability into an asset.  If I decided to leave my lace
things to them, I would perhaps be upset (from the other side?) if they sold
off what I consider to be 'special' pieces of lace, or a rare first edition of
book, but I wouldn't expect them to make *my* copy of "Little Grey Rabbit
Makes Lace" *their* 27th one!

I am currently selling books for 3 students who have had to stop lace for
health reasons and for the family of one who has died.  As I have multiple
copies
of some books, I know just how the Lace Guild feels.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire