At 12:55 PM 7/28/2005, you wrote:
Okay, I give up :o)  Who is the Professor and what is this website that
everyone always talks about but no-one ever links to?

Helen (Somerset&Poole, UK)

The Professor, Ralph Griswold, in Arizona, is putting out-of-copyright weaving books, magazines, articles on a webpage. He has branched out and included lacemaking. Tess has done much work in scanning many of the old lace books for him. As the lace articles accumulate, they are also put on CD's which can be purchased.

Below are three exerpts from previous messages. For an interesting hour(s) of browsing, look up this website. Many thanks to Tess and the Professor for preserving some of our older but interesting publications.

----------------
For anyone who may not have the site address handy, it is:

               <http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/lace.html>

Please do check it out, because there are lots more books newly added to the
list.   The Professor scanned a number of very interesting articles from the
early part of the century--you'll recognize some of the distinguished
names--and thanks to Vibeke Ervo and Karen Thompson he has just added some old pattern
books, including a lot of filet.

--------------------------------
Devon has suggested that I ask any of you who might have lace books on your
shelves with publication dates before 1923 if I might be able to borrow them to
scan.   As you well know, I have done a lot, so if you were interested in
helping and would be willing to let them go for a month or so, I would have to
hear from you privately so that I can let you know if they have already been
scanned. Or, you can look them up on the Professor's site: <
http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/lace.html>
and check out Books and Monographs especially.

The Professor is trying to make order out of chaos, which is why I have been
sending so many recent messages to you about his site.   The latest is that he
has finally installed a search engine onto the site, which should be a great
help.   If you try it and have problems, let me know.   Just go to the web
site home page <http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/> and enter what you are trying to find in the Google search box.