Dear Laurie and dear spiders,

Le 05-08-24, à 10:52, Laurie Hughes a écrit :

PS: A Canadian tells me that she's never heard of these table ribbons, but she is from British stock and not from Québec. So, perhaps, the Table Ribbons are more Québeçoise?

I am from Quebec and french-speaking. First, I think that table runner would be a better translation for what is meant here. Also, to my knowledge, there is no tradition of such a thing here. In some houses, you could see those runners on the table but less and less frequently and the size varies a lot. I do not know the reasons of their choice since I am not in the organizing group.

Nicole Gauthier
Kirkland, Qc