"John Slinn & Carolyn Hastings" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>Either this suggestion (Native American lace), or even the Montana lace (at
>the Billings house) would be more appropriate than Ipswich lace.  Ipswich
>lace was made only during a very narrow period, in a very specific place.

>I'm pretty sure Michigan wasn't even settled by anyone except a very few
>frontiers men (French -- but definitely not Ipswich lace makers!) during the
>1790's-early 1800's.

Wow!  First Minnesota, then Montana, and now Michigan!  I know they all
start with "M"  (actually, there are 8 US states that start with "M"), but
they are not all next to each other.

Even if I started at the Michigan border, in New Buffalo, where I could
almost put my toe over the Indiana border, it would be over 450 miles (724
km) to drive to Minneapolis, Minnesota, from here.

Don't forget, the US is a *big* place!

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k dot com

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to