Tess, do you have a "snail" mail address for The Professor? That is a good way for his wife to receive messages and cards for him. I really do like to send cards by USPS. Thanks,

Betty Ann in Roanoke, Virginia USA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tess Parrish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:27 PM
Subject: [lace] The Professor

It grieves me to have to report that the Professor has been taken ill in the last couple of weeks and has had to undergo surgery for cancer. I am sure that you will all be as concerned as I am. He is still in the hospital and unable to receive email, but I know that many of you will want to send him get-well messages.
(snip)