> > But entries by *Canadian* members of IOLI, sent to US first, then
> > brought back to Canada, to remain in Canada...  A wide field
> full of
>
> I don't see a problem here, except that the entrants have to allow for
> mailing time.

Actually, there may be a problem here.  I don't know about lace
mailing, but I used to have to mail natural history specimens on loan
to researchers at other museums.  The law regarded our sending *our*
specimens on *loan* outside the country as "exporting" and the return
of *our* specimens to *us* as "importing".  We were subject to all the
rules governing export and import of animals and "animal products",
including any duty/tariff and any restrictions based on animal
conservation (illegal to import/export endangered species, never mind
the specimens have been dead 100 years and are being lent and returned
to their original housing).

My point is that you'd better check postal regulations before assuming
there's no fees (taxes, duty, etc) for sending to another country for
exhibit and having it returned to you, it's owner.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)