Malcom Cox's web site is: http://www.connect.ie/users/mcox/  I have a set
for a large fan I made for my daughters to use in their weddings.  They are
lovely, but very heavy.  He offers alternate MOP, also abalone (which I
have), as well as other materials.

There is someone in the US from whom I've also had fan sticks, John Aebi
from Ohio.  If he has a web site I can't find it, but maybe someone will
jump in here.  His sticks are very nice, but not (at least the ones I have)
**fancy** -- nice woods are used, nicely finished, but they aren't carved.

My experience has been different from that of the lacemakers who've already
answered.  I made my fans from readily available prickings, and the sticks
were made to fit the lace.  In fact, the fan stick makers already seemed to
know the prickings, and were all prepared to set to work.

There's a nice article on Treena Ruffner's experience with fan
making/mounting, in the IOLI Bulletin Summer 2005.

Good luck,
Carolyn

 Also, there is a