But that is precisely the point I'm trying to make.  The issue in art isn't
quality or time, but creativity/originality.  Otherwise, all of the copies
of great works of art would be "art", and personally, I don't think that
they are.  I think they might be described as "crafsmanlike" copies, but not
"art".

Just because you pick up a paint brush and paint, your product isn't
automatically art.  Same for lace.  The medium doesn't define art. Just my
two cents worth.

I'm not trying to revive a discussion about art/craft definitions.  That's
pretty personal.  I think what I'm saying is, whichever, it is worth
**something** -- a **something** we have a pretty hard time getting
recognition of.  Either way, the lace is of value.

Actually, I guess what I'm fighting for here is a recognition of the value
of "craft".  We shouldn't have to defend our lace as art to have it valued.

Regards,
Carolyn