Martina Wolter-Kampman.  I really like the way hers is organized and the 
information in it... but Brenda's does have the advantage of being updated 
often and allows us to consider threads that weren't specifically designed for 
lacemaking.  I refer them both too!

Clay

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sep 16, 2005 12:06 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [lace] Re: Comparing threads for size

Brenda's is my favorite, but there is another excellent one--by another 
Arachnean, I believe.  Of course, my brain can't conjure her name--
Walters?  Walker?  Anyway the book is something like "Thread and 
Pricking".  She uses a different system for measuring the threads than 
does Brenda and is organized differently.  I like both books.  
Sometimes I have trouble finding something in one and can find it in 
the other.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message -----
From: Tamara P Duvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Which is why Brenda Paternoster is compiling a 
> *mammoth* compendium of threads - some  no longer available, some 
just 
> coming onto the market - as a "compass". Her brand-new 3rd Edition (I 
> found it! I found it! her books keep migrating all over the house and 
> are never where I expect them to be <g>) has 1150 different ones and, 
> apparently an Addendum to *that* is already being built on her 
> website... :) Check it out:
> http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/threads/threads.html

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to