So, I tried on the Robert Rodriguez jacket. 
 
Unfortunately, no one has told Robert Rodriguez that half of all American  
women are size 14 or larger. The largest size the jacket comes in is 12.  
Co-incidentally, that was the only one that had sold. So, I tried on the 10,  
which 
is probably generous in size since it is so expensive. It was too small,  of 
course, but I could get a sense of it. 
 
The surprising thing is that the fabric of the jacket itself is not dressy.  
It is a very pedestrian beige fabric like you might have for an everyday out  
door type jacket. In my minds eye, I had been thinking it would be a white  
Satin, or even better, a silk moire. Also there is a large clunky, very casual  
looking brown button. The lace is a not bad machine lace that might be based 
on  a white chantilly. I like the flounce, but I like the sleeve ruffles 
better.  They really call to mind engageants. The cut of the jacket is such 
that it 
might  be flattering to those with ample hips acquired as a result of many 
hours at the  pillow.
 
But where would you wear it? I was thinking it would be a dressy jacket  that 
you could wear to a Christmas party or something. Instead it seems more  like 
something you might wear while kicking around in blue jeans. But I can't  
quite see spending that kind of money on something so non-dressy, no matter how 
 
flattering. Also, for normal wear, you would have to be taking it to the 
cleaner  all the time because it is very light in color. There is also an 
accordion 
 pleated liner or support for the engageants, part of what makes them so 
elegant.  But it would take an expert to iron them. 
 
Devon
disappointed in New Jersey

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to