With our talk about the books by Brenda Paternoster and Martina
Wolter-Kampmann still fresh in our minds, it's interesting to see these
cones of linen on eBay.  It looks like the cones were manufactured for
millwork - surely lacemakers would not have ordinarily bought so much at
one time, and except for one of the cones, the linen appears rather coarse.

But the one cone, which is described at "80 lea" in size, is said to be a
single ply, having more than 24,000 yards to the pound.  That *sounds*
awfully fine - but the single-ply part worries me a little. I would think
it would pull apart awfully easily and drive a lacemaker crazy.  In a loom
it might be a dream, and the people bidding on it may be weavers.  

Does anyone (Brenda?) know more about the properties of this thread?

Clay

Who doesn't plan to bid, btw...  ; )

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



> [Original Message]
> From: Jenny Brandis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Date: 9/18/2005 7:13:13 PM
> Subject: [lace] linen thread on ebay
>
>  Hi there
>
> I have just found the following ebay seller who is selling 100% irish
> linen thread
>
> http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZceol-deasQQhtZ-1
>
> I will not be bidding because I cant see me using this much but perhaps
> one/some of you?
>
> Jenny Brandis
> Kununurra, Western Australia
>
> If you learn from mistakes, why aren't I a genius?
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.1/104 - Release Date: 9/16/2005
>
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to