At 02:28 26/09/2005, Tamara P Duvall wrote:
2) On Sep 25, 2005, at 17:39, Jane Viking Swanson wrote:
I sell things "as is" and the buyer can wash or iron it. I also advise
against ironing as it will set any stains.
I would "undersign with both hands" (to use a Polish phrase) that
particular piece of advice... Direct heat from an iron *sets* stains
and other problems (uneven yellowing, harsher wear on creases, etc)
till they can't be removed.
The instructions on fabric paints always tell you to iron the reverse
when the paint's dry to "set" the paint. I'm assuming it's for
exactly the same reason.
Helen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Helen, Somerset, UK
"Forget the formulae, let's make lace"
--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.6/111 - Release Date: 23/09/2005
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]