Unfortunately the lacemaking world is not large enough for the big publishers to consider it worthwhile to keep these books in print. However, Batsford do seem to be re issuing quite a few recently and commissioning new ones, so maybe they have got the hint.

I bought my issue of that Tonder book only a few years ago for £12.50 second hand but in Mint condition from a book dealer. I think perhaps the purchaser of this book on ebay must have either been;

a, really desperate to have that book
b, have more money than they know what to do with
c,not got the time or inclination to look further afield for the title.

Please don't be discouraged, there are a lot of books available,out there.

Regards

Claire
Kent,UK