On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:24:50 +0100, Jean wrote:
>In the Uk
>the main publisher is Batsford (now under the umbrella oc Chrysalis Books):
My impression is that the (relatively) new owners of Batsford have realised
that they still have the rights to older lace books that would sell, and are
working their way through the backlist reprinting the ones they think will
do well.

>A couple of Arachne members have done brief reviews of books on their web
>sites so you can get an idea of what they're about and what someone else
>thinks. The lacefairy, and I think (Weronika) plus a couple of other which
>don't spring to mind at this time of the morning. Anyone help here?
My website hosts the collective views of arachne members about beginner
books at:
http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/bobbinlace/begbook.htm
and on books for beginners to Bucks Point at:
http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/bobbinlace/bucks.htm
Don't worry about these lists having been compiled a long time ago; a lot of
the books can still be found in libraries even if they are out of print.
--
Error:015: Unable to exit Windows. Try the door.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]