Hello Natalie

If you mean which species of flax is best for lacemaking then it's Linum Usitatissimum, otherwise known as common flax, but if you mean which brand of flax/linen threads is best then it's very much a personal preference. The end products will be influenced by the climate in which the flax is grown and by the way it is harvested/processed.

Try Googling on:  Linum usitatissimum climate

Brenda