It certainly seems that Arizona is quite remarkable in its collections. The Professor has scanned a tremendous amount of material just from the U of A library.

It is sad to report, however, that the Prof is terminally ill. We are working on handing his website over to the charge of someone who has been working with him in the weaving department, as I have with the lace, and it looks as though the transfer is going very smoothly. The Complex Weavers are also involved, but mostly as the repository of his vast library on weaving.

I have been assured by all and sundry that the lace section of his site will stay firmly where it is, and I am scanning as usual. If anyone has any pre-1923 lace books they can lend me for scanning, or would like to scan them themselves (we are fussy, but I'll be glad to tell you the requirements), I would love to hear about them. Suggestions for books, articles, and other such things are helpful, too, as I can often ask for things through interlibrary loan.

Again, I want to thank everyone who sent messages of encouragement and support when we first found out about this devastating turn of events. They really did help during that dark time when we were all dealing with the sudden shock of the Professor's illness.

Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to