At 05:05 PM 10/17/2005, you wrote:
 This site http://www.marlamallett.com/default.htm has towards the bottom
of the main page a link that states
Laces
A personal collection of antique needle lace, bobbin lace and other
handmade laces, with notes on their construction.
And I've been wondering about one piece on the Antique Bobbin Lace-2... The first piece on that page - an 11.5" medallion (medallion? looks like a doily to me, given the size <g>) - is identified as "Idria Lace".

This one is Cantu Lace. Looking at the enlargement, it is easy to see the four features of Cantu -- the stem, the curl, the flag and the 3-petaled flower. This one does have some filling added to it and is quite lovely.

Alice in Oregon