And I joined in '98, which means that I'll forever NOT be a dowager, for
which I am eternally grateful!!  (That's just not a title that has ever
appealed to me!  ; )   However, I owe our "Dowager Spider Duvall" a huge
debt with regard to my own personal growth as a lacemaker.  She, more than
any other individual, influenced my early mastery of the essential skills
of lacemaking, and has encouraged my exploration in directions of my own
choosing, and has been my best cheerleader in my successes.

AND...  Having said that, I don't think that the value of the individual
member's contribution can always be measured in the length of their
membership.  (Tamara wasn't implying that, I'm sure.)  I learn as much from
the observations of occasional lurkers who have been members for a couple
of years as I do from those sturdy individuals who have stayed the course
since 1995.  In fact, the questions from new members often elicit the most
useful responses, so without the questions, no one would benefit!!  And
usually the answers cover a wide range of possibilities, so there's
something there for everyone.

AND...  Having said THAT, I also wonder, WHERE IS EVERYBODY???  The list
has been quiet for an unusually long time!  Come back!  Say Hello?  Just
let us know you haven't gone away!!  (OK - lurkers - here's your big chance
to just say HI!)

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



> [Original Message]
> From: Tamara P Duvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: lace Arachne <[email protected]>
> Date: 10/20/2005 11:33:03 PM
> Subject: [lace] Re: Irish crochet skirt on eBay (hardly <g>)
>
> On Oct 20, 2005, at 22:49, bevw wrote:
>
> >> Since I'm an "Arachne Dowager", with more than 10yrs of seniority and 
> >> tons of
> >
> > Hey, so am I. Shall we strike a bobbin for the Arachne dowagers ~ or
> > perhaps a needlepin... :p
>
> Now, _there_ is a good idea... :) IOLI has pins/charms which give the 
> number of years one had participated (in 5ves). I never got one because 
> time flies, things change... :) But I might get one, if it had a _date_
>
> Same for Arachne... Liz got us jump-started in April '95 (I joined in 
> June of that year), so '95 will, forever, be "the date" for me...
> -- 
> Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/
> Lexington, Virginia, USA     (Formerly of Warsaw, Poland)
>
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to