I personally would not use lace on an outer cover, unless it were under
plastic.
But decorating inner pages with lace would be great.  For the cover you might
use one of the many 'lace pattern' papers.  Check the specialty papers in the
scrap book, wedding depts. and office supply stores.  I found a beautiful
'lace pattern' paper at WalMart several years ago.
If you want to use your own 'real lace' how about scanning the piece and using
the scan on the cover.

Lorri


  I recently started scrapbooking.  I have a few albums, all of which
  have boring single-color covers.  So naturally I thought about decorating
  them with lace!  How would you go about that?
  1. How would you attach the lace?  Glue?  Try sewing it (I'm not sure
whether
  that would even work with this sort of hard cover, but I guess I could sew
it
  to a piece of fabric and then glue that onto the cover)?  Or maybe put it
  in a plastic pocket and only glue that to the book?
  2. Should I just use wire lace?  If I did thread lace, I'd be worried about
  it getting damaged from the constant pulling albums off the bookshelf...
  3. Pattern ideas, anyone?

  Weronika

  --
  Weronika Patena
  Stanford, CA, USA
  http://vole.stanford.edu/weronika<http://vole.stanford.edu/weronika>

  -
  To unsubscribe send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> containing the line:
  unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. For help,
write to
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to