"Elizabeth Ligeti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I have been demonstrating at a Bush Festival all day (and more tomorrow!),
> and a lady visited our stand who was recently back from England.  She went
> to Honiton, but could not find any lace to see.  she asked at the Tourist
> bureau where she could find some lace, and they said "nowhere".  She knew
> the Lace shop was closed.  I suggested that there might be some at the
> Allhallows Museum, but I was not sure about that

There was certainly lots of it in the Allhallows Museum when I was there a
couple of years ago Liz.  There was also a lady demonstating lace making too
in the lace section of the Museum - the lace part of the museum was a
separate and quite distinct section of the Museum and although it is only a
small local museum it has a very nice feel to it.

I remember it well as I made a point of going specifically to Honiton to see
the Museum as my Grt Grandfather was a Lace Manufacturer who was born in the
area.  I got chipped by the man at the counter for buying Midlands bobbins
whilst in Honiton. :-))