At 05:27 PM 10/22/2005, you wrote:
And what qualifications do you need  to be an Arachne Dowager?
2 possibilities: A) joined April '95-April '96, which would give us just under 100 people. or B) joined before the "Arachne '98 in Nottingham" event, which Pat Hallam (now of Roseground) had organised for us. There were only about 200 of us then, but we still made a good showing there, and it was great fun putting faces to names; I still have the photo of the entire group...

Me too.  It's fun to look at the photo and remember that great conference.

I joined in May '96, just after that first 100 people. I guess I'm in the second wave but still fairly early in List history.

The last membership report I remember had about 1200 people on the List. That would not include the people who joined for a while and then left. Over the years, Arachne has touched many people all around the world. I think we have a history to be proud of. Thanks, Liz, for starting it - - and all of you for participating!

Alice in Oregon