On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:02:30 -0700, Bev wrote:
>I looked up the pattern, haven't made this one, but I note that the
>thinner thread is metallic vs. the thicker plain thread. I think the
>contrast will be just as effective with a lighter colour; either use a
>textural difference in the two, as well as size, or go for a metallic
>and a solid. Certainly worth trying -  display it against a dark
>background. The example in the book is black against white background,
>and now that I think of it, it is difficult to see detail on black
>textiles, compared to the lighter ones. IOW I think you're on the
>right track.
Thanks for the reassurance.  I am going to ransack my stash for a metallic
and a plain cotton in similar colours.  If the colours were too different
then the creativity of the pattern creating light and shade through  the
thread weights would be lost.
--
On the other hand, you have different fingers. Stephen Wright
Steph Peters, Manchester, England