If we could entice one tenth of those knitters into the lace world -
the possibilities!

How about a foot in the back door by teaching the lace stitches of knitting to the K1P1 brigade or the 'granny square' makers?

They can then experiment in the techniques and teach others by example. This may/will lead to them looking at the other types of lace making.

If *we* get out there and teach just two younger persons, and they teach two, and they teach two ......

Lace comes in many mediums and perhaps we tend to forget that we started on the road to lace making when we made our first knitted, crochet, tatted, bobbin lace item.

I for one started knitting at 20 (a baby matinee jacket that was soooo bad), crochet at 13 at my grandmothers urging but actually made something in my 20's, tatting began for me in my 30's and Torchon lace in my 40's (if 49 counts as 40's :) ) - I wonder what my 50's and 60's will bring?

The one thing in all these crafts that attracted me was the *lace* effect.

Jenny Brandis
the Kununurra Kid

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.brandis.com.au

Lace Making in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia
Index http://www.brandis.com.au/craft/lace.html