I came to bobbin and needlelace making as a collector.  I inherited, from
my Gran and great-Gran, a small but rather marvelous collection of lace.  I
already knit lace, but as I worked on cleaning and restoring some of the
older pieces, I just got to thinking about having a go at it.  Fortunately,
the internet was in full swing when I decided to try and Ebay supplied what
I needed (after a false start with a horror kit) and the virtual community
of lacemakers on the net have been my teachers.

Madelin