Thank you for your most interesting message about your travels
in Australia Ilske.

Did you know there is a book out here in Australia called
"Hungarian Needlepoint Halas Lace, an Australian Interpretation"
by Marie Laurie, who was taught by the ladies at the Lace House
in Kiskunhalas, Hungary?  Marie says in her book
"I was unable to find any printed details from the Lace House,
so it is for this reason that I have accepted the challenge of writing
this manual.  It is my intention to promote this exceptional lace,
though I am not using the design patterns or type of threads from
the Lace House because I consider these belong to this special
place.  The stitch techniques are my interpretation of those I was
shown by the remarkable women working in the Lace House."

Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/