--- Carolyn Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hello, > > I see a chance at getting some education here. The > seller says that > there is "raised princess tape" in the figurals. > Can someone explain > this so that I can recognize it? I don't seem to be > able to see it.
Other people have already commented on the Princess part of this question. I saw nothing in the pictures that would say 'princess lace' to me. The figures are bobbin lace, and typical of Cantu inserts. The 3-D parts are very interesting and not so typical. The inserts in the linen section are needlelace. The edge is bobbin lace. The whole thing is beautiful. I would love to just have it close enough to study. I know how long it took me to do four inches square of Cantu. There must have been an army of lacemakers working on this cloth. It must be worth at least $1000. I'll have to watch what it sells for, and just dream. It's way beyond my lace budget. Happy lacing, Alice in Oregon -- very cold and sunny today. (new email [EMAIL PROTECTED]) - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
