  From: Tonnie McBroom
  To: Lace
  Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2005 10:20 AM
  Subject: Re: [lace] Self directed Learning

  I would caution any brand new learner not to use both books at the same
  time. Both are good, (the Torchon book being my favorite), but because
  Southard's book is slightly different - it could cause much confusion in
  a new learner who doesn't have a teacher close by.
  I'm speaking from experience - I'm self-taught and tried to use both
  books. I know others who tried to switch back and forth and gave up
  bobbin lace all together because of it. I was just too stubborn to give up!
  Tonnie McB
   in Phoenix, AZ, USA