Hi All,  I think the word Clay was looking for is spelled "provenance".
(Spell check agrees!  I wasn't sure if that would be in there).

I also once heard Holly Van Sciver give a talk on bobbins.  It was
quite fascinating!  I especially remember her showing us a slide of lots of
bobbins and comparing the heads.  Different makers have
very different styles.

It's a pretty bobbin and it's very interesting reading everyone's comments.

Jane in Vermont, USA who is grateful for the warmth after the boiler
(furnace) wasn't on all day - brrrrrrrrrrrrr <G>.  I do know to press reset
(but you only do that once) and then I called DH who knows how to get it
back on <G>.