  From: Ronna Bruce
  To: Arachne Lace
  Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:47 AM
  Subject: [lace] lacemaking with limitations

  Hi fellow spiders,
    Does anyone have experience making lace in a full arm cast? I broke my
forearm on Sunday. Ice skateing.I had splint that covered my whole hand for 3
days, but now I have a cast with my fingers free. I can't bend my elbow.

    I am supposed to do my first lace demonstration on the 18th. I am hoping I
will still be able to do so. I won't be alone, there are at least three of us
sceduled to demonstrate that day.

    I plan to try to make lace this weekend, if my finger pain is decreased by
then.
    Any ideas, suggestions? I am told my wrist will not bend well for some
time after the cast is off, not at all a pleasant thought.

    Ronna, in Omaha Nebraska - snowy and fridged.