Re: Sticky Wax.

Jewelry model makers use it to 'glue' parts of wax models together.  It is
quite 'hard and brittle' in the cold or solid state but is very, very sticky
when molten.  It can be purchased at jewelry suppliers (Rio Grande of
Albuquerque is one).  If someone wants to try a bit I could send some as I
have it on hand in my studio.

Lorri

  Google said that sticky wax is a wax-based adhesive.
  I got all excited when I found some gummint-safety PDF on
  sticky wax that had a "composition" field, but all it said was
  "petroleum hydrocarbons with additives".  It went on to say
  that it gives off irritating fumes when hot, and if you splash
  molten wax on yourself you could get burned.  Also found
  that surfboarders, orthodontics makers, museums, and people
  who show off horse figurines use it.  I'm not at all sure all those
  folks are using the *same* sticky wax!  The figurine fans use
  it to stick bits in the horse's mouths, the museums keep artifacts
  from falling off the shelf, people who make wax molds glue the
  molds together with it -- seems to have originated as a glue to
  set candles in their holders.   I've also seen cheeses and frozen
  meats that had been dipped in a sticky wax -- red for the
  cheeses, and an apparently-natural yellow for the meats, which
  had been placed in cheesecloth bags first to make it easy to get
  the wax off.

  --
  Joy Beeson
  http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/<http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/

  http://home.earthlink.net/~dbeeson594/ROUGHSEW/ROUGH.HTM<http://home.earthl
ink.net/~dbeeson594/ROUGHSEW/ROUGH.HTM>
  http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3f/<http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3
f/>
  http://www.timeswrsw.com/craig/cam/<http://www.timeswrsw.com/craig/cam/>
(local weather)
  west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.
  where we are sleeping under our first blanket of snow.

  -
  To unsubscribe send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> containing the line:
  unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. For help,
write to