This seller has several bobbins for sale with 4 hours or so to go and no bids.
Do you think these are genuinely old?  The colour is very green and the
lettering in orange and yellow.  Are they new ones made to look old, or old
ones made to be more eye-catching.  The others listed by the same seller are
perhaps suspicious too - long names with the letters alternately coloured.

I am always looking for bobbins with my family names in them, so was
interested in Fanny.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ANTIQUE-NAMED-LACE-BOBBIN-SUSAN-19TH-CENTURY_W0QQitemZ8243
409794QQcategoryZ19158QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ANTIQUE-NAMED-LACE-BOBBIN-FANNY-19TH-CENTURY_W0QQitemZ8243
417345QQcategoryZ19158QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Malvary in Ottawa