I've come across other styles of wreath storage which would be good for
protecting lace pillows, and are available on-line.

http://tinyurl.com/825os
-  This is an octagonal box with lid that looks to be corregated material
but is described as stronger than cardboard.   Measures 24", but would
probably only accomodate a 20" pillow.  6"+ high.   On sale for $7.49 each

http://tinyurl.com/9gje9
-   This is for a vinyl soft case which zips up and is clear so you can see
exactly what's inside.  It's round, and would accomodate a 24" pillow, I
think.  It has handles which would make it fairly easy to carry about, but
whether it would accomodate a project pillow is questionable.

http://tinyurl.com/925kv
-  This is another version of a soft case, but is also available in a 30"
size.  Also has handles.

I don't have any of these items, but when I saw them recently in catalogs I
received, it struck me that they might be useful.  The last two would
definitely be good for storing pillows that you're not using on door
hangers, out of sight!!  And another advantage over the hard plastic boxes
is that you can leave the zipper open a bit to allow the pillow to breathe!

Clay

Clay Blackwell