Hi All,  The January/February issue of Piecework arrived today!!  Lots of
neat stuff in it but of most interest to us is an article on Oya called "A
Meter Square: Headscarves Trimmed with Needle Lace".  The article is
interesting and the photos are fabulous.  One of a pile of scarves edged
with the little flowers and leaves and another showing at least 60 pieces of
cardboard wrapped with yards of the edging in all sorts of colors and
combinations!!  And there is a project by Gretchen Allgeier (who taught me
NL in Ithaca, New York a few years ago).  The project uses 80 tatting cotton
and is of little fan shaped flowers on a triangle.

They have three interesting projects on the web too at:
  www.interweave.com   I think you just need to click on Piecwork.
The projects are a felt hat (a Kalpak, the traditional hat of Kyrgyzstan), a
crocheted Egyptian outfit for a Barbie doll and an Irish Stitch (Bargello)
purse.

The magazine also has a long article on caring for heirloom textiles with
resources and further reading.  Of course we do talk about that
a lot already!  And thank you Jeri for keeping us aware and informed on the
topic!!

Hope that doesn't spoil anybody's fun.  I thought some of you would like to
know this is an issue to keep an eye out for!

Jane in Vermont, USA thinking this project would be a good way to try a
little Oya.  I have lots of colors of 80 tatting cotton and winter has a
long way to go!