Talking of printer problems - I recently bought the
HP PSC 1410 printer/scanner/copier, and found if
I scanned prickings at a high quality then moved them
into Paint Shop Pro for resizing (for different thread),
then it was as if the original scan was an enormous sheet
of paper, and if I resized back to A4, I lost all the
quality and ended up with a blurry mess.

HP email support have acknowledged my problem (and
keep promising me they're working on how to overcome
it), but in the meantime, I've solved it myself.   If I open
up Paint Shop Pro, and do the scan from there (instead of
direct from the HP software) it works fine.

Just thought this might be of use to anyone who owns the
PSC 1410

Noelene in Cooma
Where it is over 35deg (c), and 2% humidity.  Same
conditions as the 2003 bushfires.