On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:44:06 -0800 (PST), Alice wrote:
>There can be a problem with some laces that use gimp.
>Someone once reported that a pattern was almost
>impossible to do, as printed in a book.  The answer
>was that it was printed upside down.  When turned
>around, the gimp movements were possible.

I once tried to make a Binche edging with a zig-zag outer edge from Die
Spitze, the Deutsche Kloeppelverband magazine.  Without thinking I started
it English way round.  It was just about doable, but very, very difficult.
After a couple of repeats I decided that my estimated reduction of the
pattern to fit the thread I wanted to use wasn't quite what I wanted.  So I
cut off the bit I'd done, redid the pricking at a slightly more suitable
magnification and started the other way up.  It was ever so much easier.
--
Money can't buy everything. That's what credit cards are for.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]