In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, The Mouzons
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
> Also, are there
>any Lace Days going on that any of our English lacemakers know about
>already?  I know June is a  long way away, but they are in the planning
>stage now and any information you can pass along woull be fantastic!

Tamworth & Newton Regis Lace Day is on Saturday June 3rd - further
details and tickets from me, but basically for those who came, the
place, time, and ticket price is the same as last year. David Turner of
Church Meadow Crafts will be giving a talk (no workshops this year) on
"How we got to here" - the story of their business and how pillows are
made (David has taken that task over from Russell of SMP). Proceeds will
be going to Church Meadow Crafts' charity, Education Overseas. Winslow
Bobbins (Steve and Heather Smith) are our other supplier. I'm hoping to
twist Liz's arm so that she will do those fantastic cakes again for us
this year.

Tamworth Station is on the West Coast Main Line (London-Scotland) and
the Birmingham to Derby line - there is public transport to Shuttington,
but it isn't frequent; we can probably arrange a lift from/to the
station as long as everyone doesn't rush at once!
--
Jane Partridge