Actually, Jean, I've bought some very nicely made dresses for a very
reasonable price (I refuse to pay big bucks for clothing that's 'junk'),
and some of the dresses and skirts are lined.  My going away outfit from
my wedding is one such item, and it was a 3 piece set - dress, jacket
and skirt - for well under $100 I believe, and the dress is a lovely
linen look and lined.

I've found the buttonhole stitch/blanket stitch thread quite
fascinating, and it brought back memories of my 2 painful years of
needlework in high school (and the accompanying tears and disagreements
with teachers) and learning to sew as a kid.  Sigh.... :-)

Cheers,
Helen, in Denver where it's finally snowing a little today!