From: "Patsy A. Goodman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Thought I'd put my two cents in on the subject of "IVORY BOBBINS".
Yes,
> there are ivory bobbins out there and there are bone bobbins out
there.
> Please don't tell someone a bobbin is not ivory just by looking at a
picture

It's my understanding that yes, there are ivory bobbins, but they're
much rarer than bone.  Bone was a reasonably common material for
bobbins but ivory was a rare material for bobbins, so it's quite
reasonable to be very skeptical when a bobbin is called ivory.  It's
much more likely to be bone unless the person can document that they
know how to tell the difference and they carefully checked.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)