Dear friends
After a false start I’ve completed the lace for the garter for a
cousin’s wedding.
I started using a bought pricking that made a really beautiful lace but
I thought it looked to wide to make a good garter & I started to panic
about finishing it in time for the wedding. The revised design is of my
own making – I did the design after the NEC lace fair on 4/12/2005, and
since I’ve made just over a metre in length in the lace.
It’s “joined up” with the ends sewn BUT how long do I make the garter?
I’ve asked the prospective bride to measure how “round” her thigh is at
the relevant point. I’ve got some gold elastic to weave through to make
the garter & what I need to decide is how much less the elastic length
(thigh minus ? cms!) needs to be to give the best balance between
comfort (ie not so tight that it digs into the flesh) and security (ie
not so loose that it falls down)
All comments are welcome
Thanks
Viv
In Worcestershire UK

Ps
Any suggestions for using a piece of lace about 3½ ins wide and 16ins
long in wedding colours (pale cream, blue & gold) will be gratefully
received!