Dear Lacemakers

I have just received this very disturbing email regarding the closer of the
Adult Education Facility "Knuston Hall".  I did a Bedfordshire lace coarse
there in 2000 while visiting the UK and had a wonderful week, making lace,
meeting lacemakers from afar and mixing with a variety of students studying
many different arts and crafts.  Knuston Hall is a wonder complex that is set
in a lovely bush setting with lots of walks which are just the thing to relax
and stretch out after a very busy day, it will be a very big lose to
Lacemakers around the world, as  it will be to a lots of other arts and craft
areas.  Please read the attached letter, and if you feel as I do please write
and express your thoughts.

Thank you

Faye Owers
Tasmania
Australia
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To fellow Knuston Hall supporters,

This circulation is in response to the plans from Northamptonshire County
Council to sell or close Knuston Hall as part of a cost cutting exercise.

This is the most current information I have.

      The final decisions on budget matters will be made at council meetings
to be held in mid February

      Tim Maguire and I will be attending a meeting with Peter Bone, MP for
Wellingborough, next Saturday, 28th January.  This is to make a case for
keeping Knuston as Mr Bone wants to hear points on both sides before making a
decision

      Tim Maguire is the main co-ordinator for registering support for Knuston
Hall remaining open and as it is.  His address is:
107 Baker Crescent
Irchester
Wellingborough
Northants  NN29 7BA

      The county councillor with responsibility for Knuston Hall is:
Cllr Rosemary Bromwich
County Hall
Northampton  NN1 1AT

      Although these are the two main people to write to registering your
support for Knuston I enclose/attach two lists a names - the MP's responsible
for the County, and all the County Councillors so that you can write more
letters if you choose

      Some points that may be included in any letters are:

      Knuston Hall is totally self-financing to the extent that it makes
excess money

      It is a valuable resource for the county being used extensively by the
County Council for many types of events

      Many visitors coming to Knuston visit other parts of the county bringing
money to businesses

      One of the arguments against Knuston is that the people of the county
should not be expected to pay for a facility being used by people outside of
the county.  Using that argument should we therefore stop people from outside
of the county using our roads?!!!!

      Adult Education is being very badly affected by the withdrawal of
funding.  It would be appalling if this adult learning experience were also to
be withdrawn

Please circulate this information to as many interested parties as you can.
You can also send letters and e-mails to me at the above address, and I shall
pass them on to Tim.

Many thanks for your support.

Jackie

Mrs Jackie Poulter

155 Kingsway Wellingborough Northants NN8 2HF

Home: 01933 227200      Mobile: 07811 086212

 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]