I have had an SOS from one of my students who is making a garter for her
daughter's fast approaching marriage.  She is using Madeira rayon 30, colour
number 2001.  I didn't realise when she started that a) it wasn't a new reel
and b)
she has had it for ages!!

She has a long way to go as she is using the lace to edge a smocked centre
panel (ie 2 x 65") and has phoned me in a panic as she has run out of thread
and
surprise, surprise, it is a discontinued colour.   Her faith in me being able
to perform a miracle is very flattering, so I just hope that someone can
support this impression she has of me :-)

It is a very pale random-dye thread, ivory background with pale pink and blue
areas.  She is using it as the main thread with bright pink gimps and heart
workers.  Daughter is a pink-addict.

If anyone has a reel, or even part of a reel, that you could spare I am sure
she would replace it with an available colour of your choice.

Many thanks, Jacquie