Hi All,  Since Jeri hasn't commented on washing lace with olive oil soap I
have taken upon myself to forward the URL for her article on cleaning lace.

http://www.honitonlace.com/honitonlace/shop/cleaning2.htm#top<http://www.hon
itonlace.com/honitonlace/shop/cleaning2.htm#top>

If the URL breaks up you can just go to the Honiton Lace website and I'm
sure you'll be directed.  I think the beginning of the discussion was not
about washing old lace with the soap but we've traveled far afield!  I
thought Jeri would be horrified at the thought of olive oil soap touching
lace and she's trained me well!

Jane in Vermont, USA where the temps have been in the single digits
(about -14C) but they're expected to rise in a couple days.