On 2/15/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> said, "Bobbin lace is basically weaving on a pillow, right?" Should I have
> agreed with her?

The short answer - I would say 'yes' to the basic 'weaving on a
pillow.' As a  weaver myself, I see Bobbin Lace as off-loom weaving
(and braiding is weaving). Similarly, a description for needlelace -
'making a textile with needle and thread' is sufficient for a short
answer. The details of process can be described if  appropriate, or as
space allows (how about something like  'the design is worked over a
temporary surface, which is cut away when the stitching if finished'
). One thing I learned from being a docent, you don't need to tell the
general public everything you know, just tell them enough.

m2c (my two cents)
--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)
Cdn. floral bobbins
www.woodhavenbobbins.com

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to