On the rare occasions that I've actually had to explain to someone what bobbin lace is (remember, I'm still only making Beds), it's normally been to a young teenaged girl (ie a Guide at the unit I used to help with) "Have you ever tried to plait a friendship bracelet of some kind with too many threads to hold all at once or pinned the extra to your knee with a safety pin?" (this is where I hope the answer is yes) "Well, make it more complicated even than that, with weights to hold the extra threads and pins to hold the pattern in place. Oh, and you're working on a separate cushion, rather than using the knee of your jeans to pin everything to"

It seems to have worked so far, but I don't know how well it might work for someone who can't remember the details of making bracelets :o)

Helen

At 15:17 15/02/2006, Sue wrote:

I had it described to me as fancy weaving.
Sue T in Dorset UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helen, Somerset, UK

"Forget the formulae, let's make lace"



--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.15.6/257 - Release Date: 10/02/2006

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to